Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CSA Week 2 Delivery

Week 2 of the CSA delivery arrived today! Here is what I have:

2 patty pan squash
1 summer squash
1 small zuccini
12 cherry tomatoes
cilantro
beets
radishes
lettuce
2 small green bell peppers
green beans
okra
2 cucumbers
1 butternut squash
1 bunch of mystery greens with very large leaves

I set the butternut squash with the other two from last week. I will cook all three of these at some point this week by caramelizing them in chunks.

I will try the radish chips again this time with the modifications to the recipe I suggested last week. Hopefully this week I will perfect this recipe.

I am going to start using some of this produce for lunches, and will be making salads with the lettuce, cucumbers, green bell peppers, and tomatoes.

One night I will make Quinoa and chicken with roasted squash and cilantro and possibly some more of the veggies.

I will re-create the beets and apples from last week since I again have extra apples and it was a nice healthy dessert. 

Still brainstorming what to do with the okra and mystery greens.

Here is a close-up of the greens.....please let me know if you can identify them.



Also post below if you have any ideas for what to do with all this beautiful produce!


UPDATE: After a little planning and brainstorming, here is the supper menu for the week:

Wednesday- Hamburgers with Green Beans and Radish Chips
Thursday- not cooking
Friday- Quinoa with chicken, cilantro, and roasted squash and zuccini
Saturday- Carmalized Butternut Squash, Collards (?) and some protein I have not yet decided, maybe a fish
Sunday- Stuffed Chicken, baked okra, beets and apples
Monday- not cooking
Tuesday- new CSA Delivery

2 comments:

  1. "Baby" collard greens, maybe? A flat leaf variety of kale? Seriously overgrown chard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Someone from my facebook page suggested collards as well. Until I hear otherwise from the CSA I am going with collards.

    ReplyDelete