Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stuffed Tomatoes


Tonight, I took 3 tomatoes from the CSA and stuffed them with cheese, garlic salt and bacon.......yum. 
First, the ingredients:


3 tomatoes
shredded cheese (I prefer 4 cheese mexican mix)
garlic salt
bacon bits (tonight I used the packaged stuff, it is better with the real thing of course)

First, I washed the tomatoes and cut out the cores:

Then, in a bowl, I mixed shredded cheese, bacon bits, and garlic salt:

Then I stuffed the tomatoes with the shredded cheese mix. I really stuffed this stuff in there and made sure it was overflowing as it sinks a little as the cheese melts:

Then, I baked them for 25 minutes at 350. And here is how they came out:

I added leftover chicken and turnip gratin from last night, and we had a nice, if cheesy, supper!

Left from last week's CSA: 1 green bell pepper. 1 green zebra tomato. dill.

I will eat the green bell pepper and zebra tomato raw and cut up for lunch tomorrow. Not sure about the dill, still thinking on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment