Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CSA Week 6

Wow, great delivery this week!

Here is what was in my green CSA bag:

kale
bok choi
radishes
turnips
beets
carrots (multi-colored)
onions
3 roma tomatoes
1 tomato
1 green bell pepper

No real mystery veggie this week, though these carrots are very interesting. I have only ever seen orange carrots. These are orange, white and purple. If a carrot is white is it a parsnip? What are these multi colored carrots called? Here is a closeup of the rainbow carrots:


Aren't they pretty?

Anyway, thank you to Martha Dicus! Last week she sent me this recipe from the New York Times for a roasted root vegetable medley, and this week the CSA sends me all these beautiful root vegetables! Saturday,  I will attack this recipe (I need the extra time for all the washing and chopping).

Tomorrow night we have a late meeting, so we will have leftovers or takeout.

Thursday night, I will probably make something to go with bok choi.

Friday night, we will probably go out.

Saturday night, the root vegetable medely, along with some meat.

Sunday night,  I will make the Kale.

Monday night, I will make some kind of pasta dish with the tomatoes and onions. And bacon, I think that pasta dish needs bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment