Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chicken Satay, Turnip Gratin, and Kale

This meal utilized Kale, Turnips, and Onions from the CSA.

The chicken satay was super easy. I took 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into 1 inch strips. Then I put a wooden skewer through them. I salted and peppered each side. Then I slathered them with Trader Joe's Peanut Satay Sauce. The original plan was to grill them, but my grill is broken. Ever the flexible cook, I baked them on a broiler pan for 10 minutes on each side at 375. Here is how they looked when finished:

These were delicious and an easy way to dress up chicken. I will definitely do this again.

For the Turnip Gratin I used this recipe from my blog is 2010.


Finally, I de-stemmed the kale, washed it, boiled it for 10 minutes then seasoned it with salt, pepper, and toasted sesame oil. Here is the meal:

No comments:

Post a Comment