Friday, April 29, 2011

Basil Chicken and Turnip Gratin

Tonight's supper utilized the big beautiful bunch of basil that came in this week's CSA delivery.

Here are the ingredients for the basil chicken:


4 boneless skinless chicken breast (not pictured, I don't like to get raw chicken on the counter)
3 medium zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1/2 large onion (not pictured, last minute addition)
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 tsp minced garlic
bunch of basil
olive oil
salt and pepper

First, I cut the chicken into cubes and sliced the zucchini, onion, and red pepper. I washed and sliced all of the basil. Here are the prepped ingredients:

I put about 2 tbsp of olive oil into a big non-stick pan. I added the chicken cubes and salt and pepper. I let the chicken cook about half way. Then I mixed in the rest of  the ingredients, except the garlic. I stirred the whole mixture several times. After about 10 more minutes, I added a few dashes of soy sauce and the garlic. I put the lid on and let it cook for about another 5 or 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Here is what it looked like cooking:

I also made turnip gratin from the recipe I used last year. This time the only change I made was making little casseroles in ramekins. They turned out beautifully. Dinner was delicious:

I also used several radishes in making a big salad for lunch yesterday. It was so darn pretty I had to take a picture:

Stay tuned this weekend. I am making pork medallions over tomatoes and arugula.

No comments:

Post a Comment