Friday, December 3, 2010

Roasted Acorn Rosemary Squash

Tonight, I simply roasted some acorn squash with butter, brown sugar and rosemary.

I started with three acorn squash, olive oil, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 stick softened butter, and a few shakes of rosemary:

Then I split these acorn squash into quarters. These suckers were tough to crack into (maybe thats why they are called acorn squash), but I managed to keep all my fingers. Just remember to use a big sharp knife if you try this one at home.


Then, with a spoon, I scooped out the seeds and stringy insides. I put the pieces in a baking dish, drizzled olive oil on them, and put salt and pepper on them.

Then I roasted them for 20 minutes at 350. In the mean time, in a small bowl, I mixed together the brown sugar, butter, and rosemary:

When the timer went off, I pulled the squash out of the oven, and spread the butter mixture over each piece. The butter mixture melted over the squash before I could put them back in the oven. I used a brush to make sure that each piece of squash was thoroughly covered:

Then, I put them back in the oven for another 30 minutes at 350. Every 10 minutes or so I used the brush to coat the squash with the melty buttery goodness that was in the bottom of the baking dishes. After 30 minutes, I had this beautiful dish:

I paired them with a cut of grilled fillet for a delicious winter meal:

No comments:

Post a Comment