Monday, March 26, 2012

Adventurous Supper Returns

     I stopped posting to this blog in May of 2011. Why? Two words: baby and work. I could work and post to the blog and I could have a baby and post to the blog, but I could not work, have a baby, and post to the blog all at the same time. There are only 24 hours in a day after all.
     Well, my baby is no longer a "baby" and more of a toddler and I have returned to a *more* normal life and schedule. I think what I mean to say is that I finally feel like I have things under control enough to find 30 minutes a week to blog.
     I did not stop having adventurous suppers, though they have been fewer and farther between. We subscribed to the CSA for the Fall season and switched from Thackeray Farms (they discontinued their CSA program) to Gruber Farms in St. George S.C. We had a great experience with Gruber this past Fall and I look forward to the Spring season. The CSA from Gruber is a little less adventurous (no mystery veggies or much exotic produce), but very bountiful and useful. Also Gruber includes some fruit each week, so that is nice.
     Last Fall I did get quite a bit of mileage out of making and freezing babyfood from the CSA ingredients. Thankfully those days are now past and my child is mostly on table food. So this year's Adventurous Supper will focus on family friendly meals with opportunities to freeze meals or side dishes as often as possible for quick easy week night meals.
     Our deliveries from Gruber begin mid-April. I hope you all will follow along with me again on my CSA adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to more adventurous suppers! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete